Losing Weight the Natural Way
Advise for Sparta Residents Who Want to Lose Weight the Natural Way
Are you experiencing weight gain, obesity, or hypertension? At my practice, I am passionate about healthy eating and plant forward cooking. I use nutrition and other non-surgical methods to help battle common, yet very serious health concerns. Obesity, which means an individual carries an excess amount of body fat is caused by environmental and genetic factors. This worldwide health concern is diagnosed when a patient has a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater. About 40 percent of Americans struggle with obesity.
Dr. Bijal Dave, NJ Weight Loss Specialist
I am a medically certified doctor with a passion for healthy eating. I am known to be a “bariatrician,” which is a medical weight loss doctor who specializes in the treatment of obesity and its associated conditions with non-surgical methods. Bariatricians can help prevent and reverse obesity related diseases by reducing body fat responsible for the disease processes while maintaining muscle mass.
Trusted Methods for Weight Loss
My patients have not only lost weight, they have reduced and eliminated their need for insulin, lowered their blood pressure, and treated a wide range of health concerns. Depending on my patients specific conditions and lifestyle, I may include any combination of the following methods:
- Optimization of current medications, removal/substitution of obesogenic medications if appropriate
- Prescribe weight loss medication
- Diet advice
- Meal planning (upon request)
- Treatment of phycological conditions that might be contributing to emotional eating
- Employment of intermittent fasting
Sparta has a lot of natural beauty and endless options for heart healthy exercise.
- Sparta Glen Park is found in a very unique ravine encompassing beautiful natural scenery and historical interest.
- Check out an unobstructed view of Lake Mohawk via a short moderately steep climb.
- Swim, walk, bike, or take part in dozens of activities within Tomahawk Lake, just a 6 minute drive from Sparta.
Eating Clean the Natural Way
Clean eating isn’t about depriving yourself from food options. It opens up doors to endless possibilities for recipes rich in vitamins, fiber, antioxidants, protein, and calcium. My “plant based” or vegetarian recipes include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes. I advise steering clear of highly processed, fried, and packaged foods that don’t carry any real nutritional value. Looking for a quick snack or treat you can make at home?
- Honey and Nut Granola – Rich in protein, fiber, & omegas 3s
- Sweet and Spicy Greek Yogurt Banana Cumin Dip – Rich in probiotics, protein, and immune-boosting antioxidants
- Raw Mango Summer Cooler – Replenishes minerals, iron, sodium chloride, & holds on to water which we lose during hot sweltering summer days
- Blueberry Cardamom Avocado Lassi – Rich in antioxidants, protein, good fats, carbs, fiber, & probiotics
- Rose & Cardamom Flavored Quinoa Kheer/Pudding – A healthy twist to the classic rice pudding. Substituted with Quinoa which is 71% water, 21 % carbs – mainly starches & fiber – soluble & insoluble (feeds the gut bacteria) 4.4 % protein & 1.3% fat. Adding rose water & powdered cardamom gives it a Southeast Asian twist. Make it vegan by substituting whole milk for almond milk.
Advanced Cardiology & Primary Care LLC
My practice, Advanced Cardiology & Primary Care LLC consists of nearly a dozen doctors who specialize in cardiovascular conditions and a wide range of primary care services. Weight loss, nutrition, and heart health are actually all connected. When you start the weight loss journey through a healthy and clean diet, other health concerns tend to start to heal themselves. We are here to help and guide you through said concerns and work specifically on your needs.
Are You Ready to Start Your Journey?
I am looking forward to working with you on this journey. It’s important to feel good and heal your body through nutrients, physical activity, and a well thought out meal plan. I am here to help every step of the way. Simply call one of our three convenient locations and we can get started today!