- 2 slices Fresh Oven Baked Rye bread
- 1 Thinly sliced Tomatoes
- half Thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 slice boiled potato
- half cup Thin chopped bell peppersany color
- 1 beet
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- Half cup mozzarella cheese
This sandwich is the go-to meal of my family, no kidding! whenever we are bored and craving cheesy deliciousness – we make this.
It is super healthy- I use 5 veggies in it and super delicious- thanks to the chutney and cheese.
This is the sandwich I used to love to eat when I was a broke medical student in Mumbai. It was one of those mouthwatering street-side eats that students usually resort to after long and often boring lectures. After I got married, I have been trying to recreate healthier versions of this sandwich.
I think now I have pretty much nailed it. This is not just a recipe, it brings with it memories & attitude of those days when life was much simpler, carefree & grades were all that mattered.
Bombay Grilled Sandwich Recipe
1. This is a layered sandwich.
2. We will be working on one bread slice only and the other slice will only be used to top off the sandwich
3. Place both the slices of bread on a flat surface.
4. Apply thin layer of butter on both slices.
12. Top it with a decent layer of cheese on this bread only.
13. Then add grated beet over the cheese layer
14. Then add thin layer of chopped bell pepper followed by a thin layer of chopped onions
15. Now, add another layer of cheese over it – more than the previous layer.
16. Sprinkle masala mix again
17. Add a few dashes of cilantro chutney over the cheese
18. Top it off with the other bread
19. Grill it in a panini press at max temp until u see the cheese melted and drool worthy grill marks on the sandwich!
20. At this point remove it from the panini press, cut in half and serve with the Dipping sauce.
21. And when you bite into that cheesy delicious ness, remember ME!!
How To Make Bombay Grilled Sandwich