- 2 cups water
- 4 in piece ginger - grated
- 4 cloves garlic - grated
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon cloves powder
- 1 teaspoon ganthoda powder(available on amazon)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon manuka honey or organic raw honey
It’s not beer! I know it looks like it and I have served it in a beer mug! But it’s a medicinal elixir that comes in very handy in the flu season! Its brewed up at home when family members suffer from cough, cold, fever, sore throat & chills.
Nothing fun about being sick right, but until you get that doctors appointment, this is something you can make at home that provides warmth and comfort.
When I was a kid, my mom would make this for us every time anyone fell sick at home and it always made us warm, esp when we had chills.
It has the warmth of the winter spices and the antimicrobial & anti-inflammatory properties of honey & turmeric respectively.
This drink also has licorice root extract in it which is has been known for thousands of years for its medicinal properties in cough, colds, sore throats.
Licorice has powerful antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory & expectorant properties that are very beneficial to anyone suffering from a bout of cold symptoms in the winter.
This simple antipasti is bursting with flavour and looks beautiful, yet is totally effortless
1. Boil 2 cups of water.
2. Add all the ingredients to it except Honey.
3. Boil and reduce to half quantity.
4. Strain it and transfer to a serving mug.
5. Now add the honey. Mix well and serve.
1. Both Licorice root and honey are sweet. So diabetic patients should avoid the honey if they are making it for themselves.
2. Never add honey to the water while it's boiling. It loses its medicinal properties. Add it right before serving.
3. This drink is not exactly tasty! But remember its medicine!