- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed cardamom powder
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 medium size grated beet
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 up-1/2 cup honeyuse upto 3/4th cup honey to amp up the sweetness- May replace honey with 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- Almond slivers
Banana Beet Muffins Recipe! Cooking – Make Food Thy Medicine
This week’s tasty dish! Yet another protein & fiber rich healthy treat Prepared by Dr. Dave’s Kitchen !!!
This banana & honey sweetened muffins make for a lightly sweet treat to accompany your morning coffee or afternoon sweet craving. they also make a great after school snack for your kids.
Banana Beet Muffins Recipe
1.Preheat oven to 350 deg.
2.Mix first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3.Blend the rest of the ingredients except the beet in a blender to a smooth puree.
4.Add the puree to the mixing bowl and mix everything thoroughly along with the beets.
5. Fill the mix in muffin liners .
6.Garnish with almond slivers.
7. Bake at 350 for 35-40 mins.
8.Makes 6 jumbo muffins .
How To Make Banana Beet Muffins