- 1 Pack Extra Firm tofu cut into small cubes
- 1 big Onion chopped small
- 2 cups Baby ripe tomatoes chopped2 big tomatoes or 2 cups of baby ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1/2 cup Strands of cilantrofreshly chopped
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin
- 1 cup Cashews soaked in warm waterenough to cover the cashews
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander-cumin powder
- taste Salt
Tofu and Peas Curry in a Cashew Yogurt Sauce Recipe!
Cooking – Make Food Thy Medicine
This week’s tasty dish! Tofu and Peas Curry in a Cashew Yogurt Sauce! Prepared by Dr. Bijal Dave
Tofu And Peas Curry in a Cashew Yogurt Sauce
Heat oil in a wide pan, once oil is hot add cumin.
Then add onions, tomatoes, fresh cilantro , salt, turmeric & coriander-cumin powder .
Mix it all together.
Cover and cook for 2 mins until onions and tomatoes are softened.
Then turn off the gas.
In a blender , add the cashews along with the water they were soaked in, add the yogurt and onion tomato mixture and blend it all together to a puree consistency.
Return the puree to the wide pan.
Turn on the heat to medium.
Now add the tofu and green peas .
Mix well with the puree. cover and cook on medium for 5-7 mins.
Transfer to serving bowl. Can be served with quinoa, basmati rice or whole wheat flatbread !!
How To Make Tofu and Peas Curry in a Cashew Yogurt Sauce