- 2-3 ripe Avocados
- Half cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 3-4 chopped Fine Green Chilies
- Half cup Organic black beans cooked or canned & rinsedcooked fresh or canned
- Half cup Organic Sweet Corn
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Salsaany brand
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4-1/2 cup Thin chopped bell peppersany color
- Half cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- Taco Seasoning
- Salt to Taste
- Crushed Chili Flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
The quintessential Indian delicacy gets a Mexican avatar!!! Full of good fats, protein & complex carbs, this is my family’s go to dinner.
Try it once and I promise you it will be yours too !!
Make it gluten-free by simply switching whole wheat tortilla with corn tortillas.
TACO SAMOSAS RECIPE
1) Mash all your avocados in a wide bowl.
2) Add cilantro, chopped chilies & salt. Mix. You may add chopped tomatoes & onions to this too. I have kept it simple here. set aside.
3) In a wok, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
4) Add chopped onions, bell peppers to the oil. Mix. Let it cook until onions become translucent.
5) Now add corn & beans. Mix everything very well.
6) Add taco seasoning, chili flakes. Mix. Let it cook for 1-2 mins. Then take off a gas.
7) Transfer mixture into a bowl.
8) Add salsa to the bowl. Mix well.
9) Cut one whole wheat tortilla into four triangular pieces as shown in the video.
10) Take another tortilla and spread the avocado mix on it leaving the edges.
11) Place 1-2 tablespoons of bean mixture in the center.
12) Put 1-2 tablespoons of cheese on top of the bean mixture.
13) Place a triangular piece on top of cheese and press it down.
14) Now fold in the edges of the tortilla in to form a big triangle as shown in the video & set aside.
15) Repeat steps 10- 14 and makes rest of the taco samosas.
16) Take a flat-bottomed pan and place the taco samosas on it. turn the heat on.
17) Apply butter on one side.
18) Once the lower side is cooked and crispy in about 2-3 mins turn it upside down and let the other side cook until crispy. be careful not to burn.
19) Once all taco samosas are cooked to desired crispiness, turn off the stove.
20) Bring them down on a serving plate & serve with salsa or guacamole. Enjoy !!
How to TACO SAMOSAS Recipe