1 Bunch Baby Bok Choy
1 Bunch Rainbow Swiss Chard
1.5-2 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves
1/2 Cup Plain Whole Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Chickpea Flour ( protein rich )or Corn Flour or all purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon EVOO
2-3 Small Green Chilliesor Jalapeno ( Please adjust to level of spice preferred )
2 inch Fresh Ginger
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2 Tablespoons Coriander Cumin Powder
1 Tablespoon Raw Organic Honey
Salt to Taste
Bok Choy & Swiss Chard are nutritional powerhouses. In this recipe we are combining these super foods with the goodness of spinach. Win Win !!
Serve as is or with healthy Bread ( recipe shared ) or a bowl of Quinoa or Rice
Very easy, Gets done under 15 minutes
Swiss Chard Bok Choy Spinach Soup with Yogurt Recipe
1) Wash all Greens thrice in water.
2) Separate the stalks from the leaves of bok choy & swiss chard.keep the stalks aside - use in salads or veg broth.
3) Chop leaves roughly into small pieces
4 ) Blend ginger, garlic & green chillies to a fine paste/puree in blender cup
5) Take a big wok and turn the heat on
6) Add EVOO
7) Add the cumin & once it crackles add ginger garlic chilly paste
8) Saute it for a few seconds
9) Add all the greens to the wok. Mix it all together very well
10) Saute greens for 1 min on high heat
11) Cover the wok . Turn the gas down to very low heat & let the greens cook under steam for 2 mins max with the cover on.
12) Now shut the gas off. Leave the wok with the lid on for 10 mins
13) While the greens steam, mix the yogurt with chickpea flour to form a smooth paste
14 ) After 10 mins, remove the lid from the wok
15) Greens should have wilted by now, mix them all together.
16) Add turmeric & coriander cumin powder at this point
17) Once cooled, blend all the greens to a smooth puree in a blender cup
18) Transfer the blended puree to the same wok
19) Add the yogurt mix & salt to taste
20 ) Mix everything very well
21 ) Soup is ready !!
Serve with toasted Healthy Bread ( Recipe share already ) or with a bowl of quinoa or rice
How to Swiss Chard Bok Choy Spinach Soup with Yogurt Recipe